MiX Telematics, a provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions, launched MiX Journey Management – the first journey risk management solution for U.S. oil & gas companies that’s integrated with a fleet management platform.
MiX Journey Management is designed for fleet operators seeking an easy and automated way to keep their drivers, passengers, and cargo safe and secure while reducing business risk related to journeys.
MiX Journey Management is designed to help improve safety profiles and reduce crash risk for oil & gas companies by:
- Replacing error-prone, paper-based journey management processes with automated, electronic processes.
- Applying a proven business process involving journey requests, approvals, and real-time monitoring.
- Enabling fleet managers to manage journeys from start to finish online, by exception, in real time.
- Enabling fleet managers to communicate with teams in the field in real time.
- Providing the tools fleet managers need to determine which journeys are necessary, and eliminating unnecessary, potentially unsafe journeys (for instance, those over long distances or through remote areas).
- Reducing staff required to run a company’s Journey Management Center.
MiX Journey Management features include exception-based notifications, road hazard assessment, configurable risk profile and approval processes, and robust reporting.