A Philadelphia Street Department worker was electrocuted May 6 while working, according to several news sources.

Officials said he was in a bucket truck when he came in contact with an overhead wire and was shocked while fixing a street light, according to CBS Philly.

Philadelphia Police told 6Abc that the worker is a 53-year-old Streets Dept. employee. Investigators say a charged cable sparked, igniting the utility pole and the worker's clothing. He was able to put the flames out himself while other workers lowered the bucket.

The worker was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center with minor burns to his face and hands. He is listed in stable condition, reported the news source.

PECO briefly suspended power in that area until the situation was under control.