An aerial bucket truck worker was not hurt when he was touched by overhead power lines that sent electricity to the ground through the truck on the morning of Feb. 6, in Hackensack, N.J., reports NJ.com. The worker, a contractor not employed by PSEG, was testing equipment.
City firefighters brought the worker to safety and used dry chemical extinguishers to douse a fire in the bucket truck, the fire department said. Emergency medical services checked the worker, who was shaken up, but not injured.
Electrocution is one of the leading hazards with the use of aerial work platforms in the U.S. In 2013, all seven reported cases of electrocution worldwide occurred in the U.S.