The Endurant 12-speed automated transmission from Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies will now come standard on International LT Series, RH Series, and LoneStar heavy-duty trucks. In those trucks, the transmission can be paired with either a Cummins X15 engine or an International A26 engine.
“We’re pleased that customers see the value that Endurant brings to their operations,” said Charles Masters, general managee of Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies.
The Endurant is designed for long- and regional-haul applications seeking weight savings and fuel efficiency. It comes with a maximum 510-hp rating, a maximum operating weight rating of 110,000 pounds, and oil capacity of 16 pints.
According to the company, features of the 12-speed Endurant include:
- Internal electrical system routing that minimizes exposure and corrosion to wires and connectors for improved reliability
- Smart prognostics feature that provides clutch replacement notification to better plan maintenance scheduling
- Industry-exclusive transmission fluid pressure sensor that notifies drivers of low oil levels to provide burn-up warranty coverage
- Smooth and intuitive shift strategies that enhance the operator’s driving experience
- Predictive shifting using look-ahead technology to execute shift decisions that improve fuel efficiency and provide added driver comfort
- Standard 8-bolt PTO opening that can improve resale value
- All-aluminum exterior
Originally posted on Trucking Info