Thermo King, provider of transport refrigeration solutions, announced the Thermo King T-90 Series of truck transport refrigeration units (TRU) features standard integrated telematics hardware that easily connects fleets with their cargo.
The united is suited for medium-duty trucks ranging from 14 to 28 feet long.
Fleets can activate TracKing with the flip of a switch to easily monitor, control, and analyze their refrigerated fleet operations. The included premium Human Machine Interface (HMI) improves usability, diagnostic capabilities, and ease-of-use.
“Our customers need simple and powerful access to manage their fleet and temperature down to the smallest detail,” said Carl Breczinski, truck product manager for Thermo King North America. “The Thermo King T-90 Series helps fleets customize their operating parameters to uphold the quality of their cargo while improving fuel savings and ensuring uptime.”
The T-90 burns less fuel as the unit cools and reduces the hours that the engine runs to decrease costs and save energy when compared to competitive units, according to Thermo King, including:
- Up to 50% quicker temperature pull down and up to 48% less fuel used while pulling down to set point
- Up to 30% faster recovery time after door openings
- Up to 35% less fuel consumption and 25% less engine run time throughout a full day of use
OptiSet Plus optimizes and locks-in operating parameters to maximize fuel efficiency and cargo temperature control for specific needs. Consistent temperature set points and ranges best match the needs of the truck while eliminating guesswork for the driver. The result is better product quality, fewer shipper and driver errors and more efficient TRUs.
The latest Thermo King reciprocating compressors, improved coil designs and optimized engine management increase cooling capacity up to 35%. Customers can choose from the T-90 MAX models that deliver industry leading refrigeration capacity. The MAX models feature larger coils and heat exchangers, optimized compressor and engine speeds and a sound-reduction kit that delivers quieter performance.
Additional features include:
- An industry-leading 2,000 hours of extended interval maintenance (EMI). Fleets can reduce environmental impact and downtime with the T-90 Series TRU.
- The optional SmartPower Electric Standby system runs the refrigeration unit on electric power when stationary so fleets can lower fuel costs up to 75%, reduce engine wear, and decrease emissions.
The T-90 is available for purchase now.