PetroClear has introduced new diesel exhaust fluid dispenser filtration products designed to help prevent retail and commercial fuel site operators from distributing contaminated DEF.
Selective Catalytic Reduction systems in diesel vehicles are extremely sensitive to DEF contamination. Vehicle problems stemming from contaminated DEF range from on-board indicator lamps illuminating and premature water pump and injector wear, to SCR repair or replacement, according to PetroClear.
PetroClear’s DEF Dispenser Filter Housing and DEF Dispenser Filter Elements help filter contaminants before they reach the vehicle’s on-board DEF filter.
PetroClear’s new DEF Dispenser Filter Housing is constructed of heavy-duty 316L stainless steel for better durability and includes a mounting bracket kit and wrench. Additional benefits of PetroClear’s DEF Dispenser Filter Housing include:
- 1-inch NPT or 1-inch BSPT inlet/outlet connections are available
- Includes a ring nut closure to facilitate quick cartridge changeouts
- Features a spring-loaded knife edge seal that provides positive sealing for filter element
PetroClear’s new DEF Dispenser Filter Elements filter urea crystals and other contaminants to prevent them from reaching a vehicle’s on-board DEF filter. Additional benefits include:
- 5 micron (absolute) and 10 micron (absolute) particulate removing filters are available
- Filter elements help prevent SCR malfunctions resulting from DEF contamination
- Elements help extend the life of vehicle’s on-board DEF filters
Originally posted on Trucking Info