The 2019 Ram 1500 has earned the Northeast’s top truck honor, claiming the New England Motor Press Association’s (NEMPA) Official Winter Truck of New England.
The NEMPA prize adds to Ram 1500’s claim of America’s most awarded half-ton pickup.
“The 2019 Ram rides like a car, works like a truck and shows winter who is boss,” said John Paul, president of the New England Motor Press Association.
In March, after another harsh winter, more than 50 members of NEMPA gathered for their annual Winter Vehicle voting at NEMPA headquarters in Middleborough, Massachusetts. The 2019 Ram 1500 was chosen based on its ability to meet specific needs of New England drivers during winter.
“The 2019 Ram 1500 incorporates a long list of new technologies to help drivers stay informed and in control during rough weather, including automatic emergency braking and real-time weather maps on the Uconnect 12-inch touchscreen,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. “The ‘Official Winter Truck of New England’ award from NEMPA backs our title of America’s most awarded pickup, and represents solid recognition of our efforts in delivering the industry’s benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency and luxury.”
The new 2019 Ram 1500 North Edition played a key role in the Official Winter Truck of New England. The special edition includes equipment that helps drivers tackle challenging seasonal conditions, including:
- Three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) severe snow service-rated on/off-road Falken LT tires
- 4x4 transfer case with 4x4 Auto, 4x4 High and 4x4 Low settings
- One-inch factory lift
- Electric-locking rear axle
- Tow hooks
- Engine block heater
- Heated seats and steering wheel
- Remote start
- Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen with SiriusXM Travel Link Weather
- Mopar all-weather floor mats to contain slush and snow
- 12-way power driver seat with 4-way power lumbar
- Heated, folding mirrors
- Front and rear Park Sense audible/visual warning system
- Body-color bumpers, grille, mirrors, door handles and rear fender “4x4” decal