The all-new 2019 Sierra is arriving at dealerships. The GMC Sierra Denali is powered by an available 6.2L V-8 engine, rated at an SAE-certified at 420 hp and 460 lb.-ft. of torque. It is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The new Sierra Denali is offered as a crew cab, with nearly 3 inches of additional rear-seat legroom compared to the previous model. That roomier cabin is trimmed with Denali-exclusive materials, including premium Forge leather-appointed seating, authentic open-pore wood trim and dark-finish aluminum decor.
Denali is the flagship of the next-generation Sierra lineup, distinguished by iconic design cues and segment-leading technologies. It leads a broader, bolder range of precisely engineered trucks, including new AT4 and Elevation models, developed for the segment’s most discerning customers.
Along with its bold design and premium features, the next-generation Sierra Denali ups the ante in the segment with exclusive ride and handling and performance technologies designed to deliver a seamless balance of comfort, control and capability. They include new Adaptive Ride Control and the most powerful V-8 engine available in the class.
The 2019 Sierra Denali affirms its position as the most premium Sierra ever, with segment-leading technologies and exclusive features, including:
- MultiPro Tailgate, an innovative pickup tailgate with six unique functions and positions offering enhanced second-tier loading and load-stop solutions, a standing workstation, and easier access to items in the box.
- Carbon Fiber Pickup Box, which offers best-in-class dent, scratch, and corrosion resistance.
- All-new ProGrade Trailering System with in-vehicle Trailering App, which offers a connected comprehensive suite of trailering technology.
- Segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Display that projects key, customizable vehicle data on the windshield in a 3 x 7-inch display to help drivers keep their eyes on the road.
- Segment-first Rear Camera Mirror gives the driver the option of using a traditional inside rearview mirror or a rearview camera mirror display that provides a wider, unobstructed view that can help overcome common visual obstructions such as occupants or cargo. This next-generation system features the ability for zoom and vertical tilt adjustment.
Sierra Denali’s exclusive Adaptive Ride Control offers premium ride comfort with better road isolation and control than ever. Through real-time monitoring of the road and driver inputs while accelerating, cornering, braking, and trailering, the system’s active dampers can be individually adjusted every 2 milliseconds, based on sensor feedback.
The all-new Traction Select System allows drivers to choose from preset available drive modes that have been tailored for different terrain or weather conditions. It adjusts Sierra’s transmission shift points, throttle mapping and StabiliTrak to optimize performance for the situation. The system also reacts with the Adaptive Ride Control in Sierra Denali to further enhance the driving experience and refine the ride.
The Autotrac 2-Speed Transfer Case, standard on Sierra Denali, offers a mechanical low range to provide amplified torque at low speeds — ideal for use on severe off-road terrain, slippery boat launches and in other low-traction situations.
Next-generation Sierra models, including the Denali, also feature a new electro-hydraulic power brake boost system rather than a conventional vacuum-assist system, for strong, smooth, and consistent brake pedal feel when the bed is loaded or when trailering, according to the automaker. The four-wheel disc brake system also features larger-diameter Duralife brake rotors and larger brake pads to support its performance capability.
Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM) debuts with the engine, offering industry-first cylinder deactivation technology that enables it to operate in 17 different patterns between two and eight cylinders, depending on demand, to optimize power delivery and efficiency.
The Sierra Denali is equipped with the optional 6.2L V-8, which includes a 10-speed automatic transmission designed to improve shift quality. It incorporates a new centrifugal pendulum absorber torque converter that reduces vibrations to improve smoothness, particularly during cylinder deactivation events.
Simple and easy to use, an all-new in-vehicle Trailering App utilizes sensors and cameras to help ease the process of towing in all stages: during hitching and setup, on the road and when responding to potential hazards. Features of the in-vehicle Trailering App include customized trailer profiles, pre-departure checklists, assistance while checking external lights and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (additional equipment and installation required) while offering an industry-first smartphone companion app for compatible devices.