NTEA has launched a new Vehicle Center of Gravity and Axle Weight Calculator — a web-based, interactive tool that provides vehicle specification and weight information.
When upfitting or modifying a vehicle, these calculations produce information to share with customers, and assist in the understanding of Federal Bridge Law information — both in spec’ing prior to purchase and after upfitting is complete, according to the association.
Key functions include:
- Calculations related to weight distribution, axle loads, and wheel loads.
- Calculations related to the center of gravity in three axes (x, y, and z).
- Various bodies, equipment, and accessory configurations.
- Wheelbase adjustments and axle additions.
- Federal Bridge Law information.
This tool is a free NTEA member benefit (login required) only, it is not available for public purchase. Learn more and access the calculator at ntea.com/weightcalculator.