Reading Truck Body unveiled its newest steel enclosed van body, the RVSL Steelhawk. Built to meet the overwhelming demand for a steel enclosed body solution that will fit the Ford Transit Cutaway, the RVSL Steelhawk introduces the newest generation of reengineered Ready Van SL (RVSL) bodies.
It weighs up to 700 pounds less than the current RVSL models without compromising functionality or durability and has the capability to withstand up to 4,000 pounds of load carrying capacity.
Reading puts each truck body through rigorous testing to ensure they can stand up to the demands of its customers’ work. The RVSL Steelhawk provides a high strength enclosed body built with A60 galvannealed steel construction for optimal corrosion-resistance, as well as a rugged diamond-plate steel floor for better grip and slip resistance.
Production has begun in Claremore, Okla., in the former Caseco Manufacturing facility, which Reading acquired in 2017.
RVSL Steelhawk features an impressive list of standard features and options that include:
- A60 galvannealed steel construction for long-lasting performance
- Galvanized shelves and easily accessible compartments and panels
- Durable, slip-resistant steel diamond plate floor
- Latch-Matic keyless entry system
- Lockable rear access conduit doors
- Smooth operating steel cab access door
- Tall clearance solid rear doors with available visibility package windows
- LED cargo area dome lights with switch and grab handle
- LED combination stop, tail, turn, and reverse lights with weather tight connectors
- Masterack cargo shelf packages and options available to organize storage
- Class-leading warranty coverage – six-year structural and three-year coating
Originally posted on Government Fleet