Heavy duty vehicle lift leader Stertil-Koni today announced the introduction of a new accessory – the differential adapter – that has been specifically engineered to safely and easily lift vehicles by the rear differential using the company’s high-pressure telescopic piston lift, the DIAMONDLIFT.
The new offering from Stertil-Koni is ideal for lifting – and servicing – small, medium, and large pickup trucks, as well as smaller school buses, with a maximum axle weight of 10,000 pounds. The adapter is an ALI/ALCTV certified accessory for all models of DIAMONDLIFT.
Here is how it works:
- The differential adapter allows vehicles to be lifted by the “rear differential”- some people also refer to it as the “pumpkin” adapter.
- Lifting by the rear differential is particularly helpful when the axle tube (the typical lifting point for most heavy duty vehicles) is obstructed by such items as sway bars, automatic snow chains, or other elements that make it difficult to reach the axle tube for use with traditional adapters.
- The differential adapter “cradles” the differential and is self-centering due to spring loaded ball bearings (meaning it centers itself underneath the differential), making the setup and use quick, easy, convenient, and safe.
- Once engaged, the spring loaded ball bearings retract and allow full contact between the differential adapter and the lifting bolster to ensure safe and stable lifting.
Noted Matthias Lennemann, heavy duty in-ground lift sales manager at Stertil-Koni USA, “This new adapter presents exceptionally flexible lifting approach for small, medium, and large pickup trucks, as well as smaller school buses. What’s more, lifting in this manner provides busy fleet technicians with complete access to the undercarriage of the vehicle.”
The DIAMONDLIFT has a lifting capacity of up to 35,000 pounds per piston (depending on model), or a total of 140,000 pounds in the four-piston configuration. The lift is available in two versions: “cassette” and “frame,” with the latter being ideal for use with existing concrete pits and/or retrofit situations.
The DIAMONDLIFT also delivers:
- The optional Continuous Recess flush floor system, well suited for low clearance vehicles
- Lifting of multiple axle vehicles with the two, three, and even four-piston configuration
- Electronic synchronization for maximum safety and convenience
- Hard-chrome plated piston rods for maximum protection against corrosion, wear, and debris
- Mechanical locking system utilizing a hardened, nitro carburized locking rod for maximum protection
- All power units and control components located above floor level in a standalone console
- Low oil volume – only 4.5 gallons of hydraulic fluid required
- Aluminum trench covers with 13,500 pounds drive over load
- ALI Gold Certification Label
Originally posted on Government Fleet