The Shop Crane line of overhead crane systems is expanding with a new 1-ton model. The new system joins the 1/2-ton Shop Crane overhead crane system that was released in the summer of 2011.
“No more positioning cherry picker wheels beneath an object and no reason to recruit friends to help you with a job,” said Andy Duschen, a racing hobbyist and Shop Crane user. “Heavy lifting in your garage turns into a one person job. I use the Shop Crane for everything from pulling engines to building log splitters.”
Andy demonstrates and talks about his Shop Crane system below:
Shop Crane systems are non-industrial overhead bridge crane systems that use two parallel steel tracks, or runways, to guide a steel bridge over a work space. The bridge features a non-binding trolley that glides along the inside of the enclosed track to give complete coverage within the frame of the system. By spreading the weight of the load over the bridge and runways of the crane, moving and positioning a full 1,000 or 2,000 pound load becomes a safe and easy one-person job.
Shop Crane systems are designed to be used in residential garages or workshops. The systems excel at vehicle restoration and maintenance on farm or golf course equipment, ATVs, snowmobiles or any motor driven vehicle. Shop Crane systems maximize the amount of lift possible in standard garages.
In addition to being built for strength and versatility, Shop Crane systems are designed to be simple to install. Shop Crane systems lightweight components don’t require a forklift, making the system easy to erect and assemble.
The Shop Crane systems have a number of options and accessories available, that customers can use to customize their systems:
- Powered Wire Rope Winch - Add power to lifting with a 1000 or 2000 pound capacity electric wire rope winch. The wire rope winch comes with a modified trolley.
- Manual Chain Hoist - A convenient, economical solution for lifting that does not require power. The manual chain hoist comes with a standard hoist trolley.
- Second Bridge - For applications where two points of lifting are necessary, such as wide loads or lifting a car body from the chassis, a second bridge can be added to the Shop Crane system.
- Tagline Kit -Attaching a tagline kit to the runways of the Shop Crane allows for electrical cables or air hose to be conveniently and neatly festooned to keep your work space free from tripping hazards.
- Column Extensions - Increase the overall height of your system with 1-foot tall column extensions, ideal for getting extra lift from your system or column placement in an area with a step or floor drain. The extensions bolt to the existing columns and are sold individually.
- Runway Extension Kit - Double the length of your system with a runway extension kit. This splice joint attaches easily without welding or cutting, and is an excellent way to cover longer work areas.
Originally posted on Government Fleet