Prestolite Electric has launched the PowerPro 7.5, an all-new 24V, 7.5kW starter motor as part of the PowerPro family of replacement starters from Leece-Neville Heavy Duty Systems. Designed for use in diesel engines up to 16.0L, the new in-line, gear reduction starter offers industry-leading starting performance at a favorable price.
PowerPro 7.5 high-torque, high-power starters are engineered to meet the needs of demanding heavy-duty, medium-duty, off-highway, agricultural, and bus applications. An ideal replacement for use in AGCO Power, Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit, John Deere, Mercedes-Benz, Perkins, Volvo, and other popular engine models, each starter offers consistent, high-output power in a small, lightweight package.
The PowerPro 7.5 includes Prestolite’s Integral Mag Switch (IMS) technology, which helps to eliminate voltage drop issues by minimizing wiring between the relay and solenoid. Other key features include an electrical soft start system designed to prevent ring gear damage, rotatable flange for added versatility and a sealed, nose-less design to protect against dust, oil, water and other contaminants.
- 24V, 7.5kW starting power
- Operating temperature range from -40° to 120°C (-40° to 248°F)
- Weighs less than 29 pounds (13kg)
- IMS technology to eliminate voltage drop
- Rotatable flange for more versatility and less inventory
- Oil sealed for wet clutch applications
- Optional Overcrank Protection feature protects the motor in any operating condition