Designed for hardcore pick-up truck/SUV owners as well as hard-core off-roaders, the M/T is the latest member of Yokohama’s rugged Geolander line of durable, light truck tires and is initially available in 37 sizes, ranging from 15- to 20-inch rim diameters. New features on the M/T, which goes on sale in the U.S. July 1, include aggressive sidewall styling, GEO-SHIELD technology, and a special triple-polymer compound.
According to Fardad Niknam, Yokohama Tire director of LTR segment development, independent test results show that the M/T outperforms leading competitors in several important areas, including longer lasting tread life (eight percent longer) and shorter stopping distance on wet roads (51 feet shorter). Plus, testing reveals the M/T is 2.3 decibels quieter on the road.
With the launch of the Geolander M/T G003, Yokohama now owns the youngest line of light truck tires with extensive market coverage, according to the tiremaker.
Geplander M/T G003 benefits include:
- Yokohama’s new GEO-SHIELD construction incorporating multiple sidewall plies, steel belts, a full nylon cap and a high turn-up carcass – creates a stronger tire that provides strength and protection, even in the harshest off-road conditions.
- The longer-lasting tread is the result of a new, high-density compound and a wider, flatter profile that creates exceptional wear performance.
- Outstanding traction – a must for off-roaders – comes from a triple polymer tread compound combined with optimized sipes and an ideal block to void ratio, which provides outstanding grip and significantly shorter stopping distances on wet roads.
- A quieter ride on the road is due to the advanced variable pitch tread on the M/T, which assures a quiet, on-highway ride while maintaining off-road performance.
- An aggressive sidewall armor creates a bold, new look while delivering off-road traction and protection from damage.
- Yokohama’s 30-day money-back trial pledge.
Geolander M/T G003 applications include a wide variety of popular pickups and SUVs, including the Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler, Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Ford F-150 Raptor, Nissan Titan, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Land Rover Discovery, GMC Yukon XL 3500, and more.
Yokohama has launched two new sponsorships to fit with the audience for the M/T and the entire Geolander line. Reinforcing the toughness and strength of the M/T, Yokohama has become the Official Tire of the U.S Spartan Race series, the original and largest obstacle race series. Yokohama is also the Official Tire of the Nitro Circus Live US Tour and Nitro World Games. Nitro Circus is the premier adrenaline-fueled action sports tour.