The Altec “H” Series derrick is a fully hydraulic derrick that incorporates a high-flow piston pump that generates a maximum flow of 43 gallons per minute. The flow is provided by a single variable displacement piston pump, making maximum flow available to any function for superior multi-functioning which includes 4-function boom operation.
According to Altec, additional benefits of the “H” series derrick include:
- 50% reduction of heat generation during heavy digging
- 20% reduction of heat generation during continuous winch operation and reduced fuel consumption
- A standard 8-lever riding seat that comes with a swing open control console for front entry access
- A standard single-handle riding seat that comes with an open front, full-view seat
- The zone rating system provides live operator feedback about the stability of the unit through indicator lights located on the boom