Morgan Corporation introduced Morgan’s Cold Plate system. Cold Plate is a cost-effective, more reliable, and "greener" alternative to traditional refrigeration units, offering superb temperature control, according to the manufacturer. Morgan is a leading producer of innovative and reliable reefer bodies for customers across all industries.
By generating and maintaining the coldest temperatures available, products can stay cold all day in an un-opened cargo area, even under disastrous conditions such as complete power failure. Morgan partnered with well-known system manufacturer Dole Refrigeration to provide an “extra” layer of reliability and dependability that keeps products cold and fresh, prevents spoilage, and uses minimal energy while being robust and reliable under all transport conditions.
Cold Plate is powered electrically, as compared to engine-driven refrigeration units, saving significant costs in fuel on every loaded run.
Benefits and advantages of Cold Plate include the following:
- Saves fuel; idling is not required during stops, system maintains proper and efficient body temperature;
- Saves product during vehicle breakdown because the system does not depend on engine up-time. Product can be recovered during longer periods of vehicle inactivity;
- Low-cost maintenance and simple operation with minimum moving parts ;
- Near-constant temperatures maintained throughout normal delivery day, ensuring safe product life;
- Simple hot gas defrost operation; plug it in at night and walk away;
- Sanitary: No inaccessible parts to keep clean;
Morgan bodies deliver design features that provide better protection both inside and out. Additional features and benefits include external skins that fit into the bottom rail to keep moisture out of the cargo area; thermal breaks to help to mitigate heat transfer; and easy-to-clean interior walls and flooring to maintain a healthy environment. Sliding/swing rear door configurations require a fraction of the swing radius of traditional doors and make loading and unloading easier, especially in tight spaces. A variety of floor surface configurations, from flooring that helps to move moisture away to surfaces that provide added traction, all support a safer environment.