TouchStar Group, LLC, announced its integrated eLog Hours of Service (HOS), Add-On Mobility Software.
The new electronic logging application provides 6 key advantages, according to the company:
- Ease-of-use, both for drivers and the back-office staff.
- System shows real-time status of HOS, to help avoid DOT violations.
- GPS mapping either by driver or by fleet, with “bread-crumb” capability for verification of routes.
- Ability to supply printed copies of eLogs in mass for DOT audits.
- Excellent ROI through the elimination of hand-drawn logs, generating time savings for the drivers and the back-office log auditors.
- A bundled suite that’s compatible with existing TouchStar Mobility Applications.
With increasing safety regulations impacting fleet managers worldwide, the new TouchStar eLog App has answered the challenge with full compliance to FMCSA 395.15 & 395.16 Regulations. The product leverages an easy-to-use in-vehicle and browser-based Web interface. The mobile interface automatically records driving status, calculates available driving time, and notifies the driver of his compliance status. The recorded data is stored for up to eight days and is readily available for roadside inspection. The Web interface allows authorized users to review, edit, and print driver logs. It also documents real-time driver availability, driver time, mileage summaries and violations.
The mobile application offers a “Preview Availability” screen that permits drivers to check their current availability, before changing their status to “On-Duty”. This feature provides the opportunity to cancel and wait on a complete reset of their available driving hours. This easily accessible information can help avoid DOT Hours of Service Violations.