The second class of fleet visionaries were honored at the 2017 Automotive Fleet & Leasing Association (AFLA) annual conference in Las Vegas on Sept. 18.
A total of 20 fleet professionals were honored at an awards ceremony during the conference. Of the 20, Sonya Garrepy, fleet manager of IDEXX Laboratories, was named Fleet Visionary of the Year.
The Fleet Visionary award is open to any fleet professional with 10 years or fewer in the industry who has brought a new perspective to running a commercial fleet with the result that the fleet is more operationally efficient, cost-effective, safer, or any combination of these by introducing new methods, efficiencies, and/or technologies.
The award, sponsored by Merchants Fleet Management, is designed to recognize and celebrate new voices in fleet management. The honorees were announced by associates from Merchants.
The 20 fleet visionaries for 2017 are:
- Dave Tosh, Benco Dental
- Brian Fisher, Mortenson Construction
- Doug Schrier, Covenant Transportation Group
- Jeremey Muoio, Mastec
- April Yeager, Clariant
- Mohammad Annas Khan, Najm For Insurance
- Larry Shupe, Eagle Distributing Co.
- Kelsey Wolfe, Southern Freight Services
- Melanie Pirylis, Schindler
- Sara Vaughn, Dunkin Brands
- Daniel Warner, Coloplast
- Adam Orth, General Mills
- Andrew McDonald, Arcadis
- Arthur Parr, MBI Energy Services
- Gene Spencer, Weatherford
- Dustan Sepulveda, Watermill Express
- Jacky Johnson, Truck Accessories Group
- Jeffrey Menheer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Katherine Stamper, Novo Nordisk
- Sonya Garrepy, IDEXX Laboratories
A detailed look at the fleet visionaries will be featured in an upcoming issue of Automotive Fleet.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet