Ute Ltd., specializing in tough yet lightweight extruded aluminum products for pickup trucks, has begun production on the Ute Bed designed for the 2015 to 2018 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. The Ute Bed is available via ship-thru orders now.
In addition, Ute Ltd. and Auto Truck Group have come to an agreement to partner on the Ute Bed ship-thru program for Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Dealers should contact Ute Ltd. for details and purchase order.
The Ute Bed is a lightweight, rugged flatbed that adds more versatility and diverse uses to a pickup
truck. Ute Beds are used by various tradesmen, municipalities, railroad, airport, farm, and ranch and for
recreation all over North America.
Ute's low and narrow profile on the mid-size GM chassis makes it optimal for working in cities where parking garages have low clearances and in parks with narrow paths.
Fleet and commercial customers can order the Ute Bed aluminum drop-side flatbeds for their mid-size
trucks with the (ZW9) box delete as well as box removal options through their local Chevrolet or GMC
With the 250 pound Ute Bed installed, the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon provide a payload range of 1,900 pounds to 2,000 pounds.
Available options include:
- Drop Side Delete – a flatbed option without bed sides (about 50 lbs. lighter).
- Removable Rear Ladder Rack – which matches headboard height?
- Side Step – curbside step only for easier access to the deck.
- ICC Bumper Package – an option for box delete orders including the removal of the factory bumper.
- Rear View Camera – located under the deck of the Ute Bed.
- Full Rear View Camera Package – includes a rearview mirror screen for trucks not equipped with
- a factory-installed camera package.
In 2003, Ute Ltd. became the first manufacturer to build aluminum dropside flat beds for the Chevrolet
Colorado and GMC Canyon; and has since been a top provider, according to the manufacturer.