MiX Telematics launched an electronic logging device solution designed specifically for hazardous material transporters, such as those transporting chemicals, fuels or pesticides.
MiX Telematics’ fleet management platform MiX Fleet Manager is ELD ready, the company says. The platform combines visual evidence with other fleet data to help hazmat transporters monitor driver behavior and improve safety efficiency and regulatory compliance.
MiX Fleet Manager provides:
- Real-time visibility into driver behavior, including in-cab video for visual evidence and driver coaching
- Compliance monitoring such as hours of service and IFTA state line crossing
- Real-time monitoring for unsafe driver behavior, including sudden acceleration, harsh braking and speeding
- Driver scorecards
- Increased vehicle utilization
- Decreased maintenance costs
- Reduced crashes and related costs
- Decreased fuel consumption
- Improved customer service levels
MiX Telematics said the platform can help fleets save fuel, improve utilization, reduce paperwork, prevent crashes, and cut maintenance and repair expenses.
“Regulatory compliance for hazmat has always been challenging, and will become even more so with the upcoming ELD mandate,” said Skip Kinford, president and CEO of MiX Telematics Americas. “MiX Telematicss' fleet management solution can help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations while improving safety and reducing operations costs.”
Originally posted on Trucking Info