Magellan announced the integration of its RoadMate RC9496T-LMB fleet navigation device with Position Logic's GPS tracking software solution. This partnership allows Position Logic service providers to leverage all Magellan RoadMate RC9496T-LMB devices, according to the GPS navigation provider.
The RoadMate RC9496T-LMB, a 7-inch Android GPS fleet navigation device, is available now to current and prospective Magellan and Position Logic customers. Position Logic, a division of KORE, provides precision location-based services for business-to-business applications.
The Magellan and Position Logic integration delivers an end-to-end communication and navigation solution for fleets. The solution includes the RC9496T-LMB, an active mobile terminal, allowing real-time two-way communication between driver and dispatch when paired with Position Logic's GPS tracking software. Send and receive important information to immediately identify driver status including route-receipt, in-route or on-scene, and deliver real-time messages to improve driver productivity. The solution delivers critical information for field service fleets, emergency services, roadside assistance and many more applications.
The RC9496T-LMB is also connected to Magellan's SmartGPS Eco cloud, providing drivers and fleet managers with customizable time and money saving content such as: real-time fuel price information, weather and truck speed limit warnings.
"We are pleased to have the RoadMate RC9496T-LMB integrated. The Magellan integration further complements our Workflow/Dispatch module; improving communication between the dispatcher and driver and enhanced stop management," said Felix Lluberes, executive vice president, advanced applications, KORE.
The RoadMate RC9496T-LMB provides drivers with a host of truck navigation features. These include:
- Customizable Truck Route, which sets up a vehicle profile and calculates routes based on height, weight, width, length, and hazmat restrictions; it guides users according to their route preferences and vehicle profile.
- Highway Lane Assist helps when navigating complex highway interchanges, ensuring that a driver stays on the correct roadway.
- Junction View displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane that the vehicle needs to be in for safe merging and exiting.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- Landmark Guidance gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at familiar landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate and/or read.
- Multiple-Stop Routing lets drivers plan their trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimizes for the most efficient route, helping to save time and money.
- Exit POIs indicate where truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology allows drivers to safely talk hands free on compatible Bluetooth phones.
The Magellan Android Fleet application is also fleet protocol-support ready.The application is included with the RoadMate RC9496T-LMB as well as available separately for use on fleet-ready Android devices. A few of the protocols supported include:
- Text message protocols for sending and receiving messages between the driver and office.
- Driving status reporting of Hours of Service (HOS) and state mileage for IFTA fuel logging.
- Automatic On Board Recording (AOBRD).
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) protocols and up-to-the-minute vehicle location status protocols.
- Multi-destination protocols that allow the office to send up to 12 destinations to the driver.
- Destination protocols to receive and display new stops sent from the office.
The Magellan RoadMate RC9496T-LMB is priced at $399 and it's available at www.magellangps.com.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet
See all comments