LoJack Corp. and Retriever Communications will offer a mobile field service management platform to provide field service fleets a scalable mobile solution that combines telematics and fleet management with data capture and real-time scheduling, the companies announced.
Unlike competing single function solutions, Retriever's Barking Application Suite and LoJack Fleet Management powered by TomTom create a comprehensive mobile workforce platform. The platform can perform various functions, including:
- Creates a new standard for the field service market by offering a complete and connected mobile force ecosystem
- Caters to a variety of operational needs, from simple to complex dynamic workflows
- Allows for fleet operators to work offline
- Offers complete visibility and transparency into field activity
- Protects vehicles from unauthorized use
- Increases safety for field technicians on the road and on the job
The collaboration between Retriever and LoJack offers a holistic IT approach to field service and improves cost savings by streamlining internal business processes by going paperless and increasing transparency and accountability of a mobile workforce to improve fuel usage for vehicles, automate work order management, and improve driver safety, according to the companies.
The new offering will allow new and existing Retriever customers to integrate a complete fleet management solution into overall field service program.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet