Cummins Westport has announced changes to its board of directors and management in accordance with the terms of the 50/50 joint venture agreement between Cummins Inc. and Westport Innovations Inc. The changes are effective immediately.
Board of directors changes include:
- Ed Pence, Cummins Vice President, High Horsepower Engine Business, is stepping down as Chairman of CWI upon completion of his three-year term.
- Jim Arthurs, Executive Vice President, Heavy Duty Systems of Westport, has been elected Chairman of CWI.
- Lori Thompson, Vice President - Engine Business Marketing, Cummins Inc., is joining the Board of Directors.
Changes to the management team include:
- Pervez Akhtar, Business Unit Controller of Westport, who also held positions at Siemens AG, Cooper Industries, and Linamar Corporation, has been appointed Controller of CWI.
- Gord Exel is stepping down as President of CWI at the end of his term and will be returning to a new assignment at Westport.
- Rob Neitzke, formerly General Manager of the Construction Segment of Cummins off-highway engine business, has been appointed President of CWI.
In addition to Arthurs and Thompson, the following have been elected to the CWI board of directors for a one-year term:
- Ashoka Achuthan, Chief Financial Officer of Westport.
- Dean Cantrell, Automotive (On-Highway) Business Controller, Cummins Inc.
- Roe East, General Manager, Heavy-Duty and Midrange On-Highway Natural Gas Business, Cummins Inc.
- Thomas Rippon, Executive Vice President, Global Engineering of Westport.
Originally posted on Trucking Info