Rand McNally has released a major new navigation and software update for its line of mobile fleet management devices, including the HD 100, TND 760, and TPC 7600. With the release, the devices will have access to a full map update and new navigation features, as well as supplementary Hours of Service rules to help track hours in various locations and industries.
The update has been made available over the air to existing customers and will be included on all new devices.
Specifically, the software release includes an updated road network and more than 50,000 changes that impact routing, restrictions, and clearances. The release also features additional specialty HOS rules for tracking hours – including HOS for motor coaches, for trucks traveling from the U.S. into Canada (HOS Cycle 1), and intrastate rules in three states.
The software update includes:
- An updated road network and Rand McNally’s award-winning truck navigation.
- A new “Compare Routes” feature, which provides drivers with a primary route and a reasonable alternate on a map for quick review. This feature allows drivers to then select their route.
- Speed limit updates across the U.S. and Canada.
- More than 50,000 changes that impact routing – including updates to vertical clearance and weight restrictions, number of axels permitted, and low ground clearance railroad crossings (“Hump” RR crossings).
- More than 2,000 updates to truck-relevant point of interest such as weigh stations, rest areas/welcome centers, and truck-friendly hotels; the update includes the addition of 157 rest areas and 77 CAT Scales.
- The addition of Motor coach HOS rules, Canadian HOS Cycle 1 rules, and intrastate HOS rules for Florida, Texas and California.
- Support for the California Agricultural HOS exemption.
- Updates to state emergency contact phone numbers, and the latest information on truck trailer length information by state.
For more information on Rand McNally’s mobile fleet management services, call (800) 789-6277 or visit randmcnally.com.
See all comments