Shawn Jacobs, president & CEO of STS Trailer & Truck Equipment (Syracuse, NY), was installed today as the 49th president of the NTEA, the Association for the Work Truck Industry. Jacobs accepted the gavel from immediate past president Frank Livas, president of Brake & Clutch, Inc. (Salem, Mass.), in Indianapolis at the President’s Breakfast and NTEA Annual Meeting, held in conjunction with The Work Truck Show 2013. The Work Truck Show is North America’s largest work truck event.
“A main focus for me over the next year as president of the NTEA will be to make fellow NTEA member companies aware of all the opportunities and connections the Association offers,” said Jacobs.
Jacobs began his work truck industry career in the parts department of STS Trailer & Truck Equipment after graduating from college. Before becoming president in 2004, he served in many positions, including office manager, equipment salesperson, new and used sales manager, and general manager.
In his current role, he is responsible for the company’s overall administration and operations, as well as working to ensure business growth and guide the vision. STS has more than 100 employees, with offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Albany and Syracuse, NY.
Jacobs majored in truck marketing at Northwood Institute (Midland, MI) and received an associate’s in business from Central City Business Institute (Syracuse, NY). He has also served on and led numerous trailer and truck equipment manufacturer advisory boards and distributor councils.
Jacobs, his wife and children reside in Brewerton, NY.
Also serving on the 2013-2014 Board are Executive Committee Members: First Vice President Mark Woody, president of Palfinger North America (Niagara Falls, ON, Canada); Second Vice President Jeffrey Messer, president of Messer Truck Equipment (Westbrook, ME); Third Vice President and Treasurer Matt Wilson, president of Switch-N-Go, AmeriDeck & Bucks Divisions of Deist Industries, Inc. (Hadley, PA); and Secretary Steve Carey,Executive Director of NTEA.
Serving alongside Executive Committee members are:
- Todd Davis, vice president of Phenix Enterprises, Inc. (Pomona, CA);
- Brian Glover, president/owner of Tampa Crane & Body, Inc. (Tampa, FL);
- Adam Keane, general manager of Allied Body Works, Inc. (Seattle, WA);
- Bill Kohler, president of Kranz Automotive Body Co. (St. Louis, MO.);
- John Wartenbee, vice president of Northern Truck Equipment Corp. (Sioux Falls, SD); and
- Terry Wieseler, general manager of Truck Equipment, Inc. (Des Moines, IA).
- Brett Collins, president of Venco/Venturo Manufacturing, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH); and
- Ross L. Haith, Jr., president of Masterack Division, Leggett & Platt, CVP (Atlanta, GA)
Davis, Kohler and Haith were newly elected; all will serve three-year terms.
See all comments