Thermo King, a provider of sustainable transport temperature controls solutions, announced that is has refreshed its lineup of Precedent single- and multi-temp units. The refreshed lineup includes the C-600, S-600, and S-700 single temp units and C-600M, S-610M, and S-610DE multi-temp units.
The S-Series features a new exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system which requires no scheduled maintenance and is expected to perform more than 10,000 hours between required EGR service, according to the company. As a fix-on-fail component, the system will provide customers with a log alarm as service is approaching. This same refresh has also allowed Thermo King to tackle the filtration issues that all diesel customers deal with, due to diesel additives for sustainability, lubrication, and ignition, the company noted.
A two-stage fuel filtration system has also been added to the S-Series units. The system features a 5-micron primary filter with 99% efficiency. The primary filter will also remove water from the fuel and store it for draining or disposal during filter maintenance.
Other features include:
- X430P Reciprocating Compressor: Four cylinders, 30 cubic inches, with 7-quart-deep oil sump, forged steel connecting rods with barring inserts and discharge valves incorporating slug relief springs, integrated internal oil filter reduces leaks, 15.5 pounds of 404a refrigerant.
- 12-Volt Charging: Multiple options in both alternator and battery charger configurations.
- Generator: Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled (TEFC) 5.25 KW rated output, fully potted and protected stator windings, IP55 rated.
- Evaporater Motor: Totally Enclosed Air Over (TEAO), two-speed operation with up to 3350 CFM due to Smooth Air Blower technology.
- Remote Evaporaters: Supports 1-, 2-, and 3-zone operation with up to four remote evaporators.
- New Condenser Grilles: Upgraded condenser grilles with improved airflow and debris protection; LEDs and chrome available.
- TracKing Integrated Telematics: Making it easier for fleets to monitor and analyze their refrigerated fleet operations.
- Controller: Smart Reefer 4 (SR4) control system, temperature data logger, ServiceWatch and Optiset Plus enabled, running and pretrip diagnostics, integrated USB port, proprietary eco-pulldown technology.